As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT feature requests
Game & Watch
Re:OT feature requests 13 Years, 3 Months ago
Yes, you can change the number of bars and the tempo will change, then if you can get to the right tempo lock it by pressing enter.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
darenager wrote:
Yes, you can change the number of bars and the tempo will change, then if you can get to the right tempo lock it by pressing enter.

Then you need the trackend being exactly on a full bar.

If you want to play your recorded Vinyls you probably won't have that, unfortunately...
King Koopa
darenager wrote:
I sent these in to support (along with some bug reports)
2. 128 Machine - Like the flex machine but instead of the rtrg and
rtim, it has a knob to select one of 128 samples loaded into the
track, a second knob allows interpolation (not sure if that is
doable?)

Word, I think the OT definitely needs something like this for one shots, if it's not present already. Though personally I'd prefer to see something like the DigiPro BBox machine on the MnM, except you bring your own samples. Drool.

Also wondering if there's a mode that'll let you get your MLR on with the trigs on a loop loaded in a Flex machine slot. That would also be hot.
King Koopa
Would love to have different modes of step travel (Forward/Backwards/Pendulum/ Random/Odd/Even) on a per track basis.
(This goes for mnm and md too!)
Game & Watch
Steril707 wrote:
darenager wrote:

If you want to play your recorded Vinyls you probably won't have that, unfortunately...

I found that the OT seems only to care about the tempo, so even if the bars is not exact it will play at the right tempo as long as you tell it the right tempo, my idea about adjusting the bars in attributes was to see if it could give you the correct tempo number.

I had mixed success with some long tracks, some seem to play perfect and others drift out after a while, I think it has to do with inaccurate tempo readouts of machines used, and also fluctuations in tempo - I hope the OT has some kind of way to compensate for this in a future update.
King Koopa
darenager wrote:
Steril707 wrote:
darenager wrote:

I found that the OT seems only to care about the tempo, so even if the bars is not exact it will play at the right tempo as long as you tell it the right tempo, my idea about adjusting the bars in attributes was to see if it could give you the correct tempo number.

I had mixed success with some long tracks, some seem to play perfect and others drift out after a while, I think it has to do with inaccurate tempo readouts of machines used, and also fluctuations in tempo - I hope the OT has some kind of way to compensate for this in a future update.

Well, I found that if I use tracks that I sequences/arranged and then audio-exported in Cubase on a full BPM number it works perfectly, but for instance 5 minute tracks I recorded directly from other hardware units (like the MPC or Electribe esx) will go out of sync after a while, because the timing is not that perfect.

I really hope they find something solving that problem. Would be a major pain in the ass for me if I had to prepare and timestretch every track I recorded from vinyl or hardware units to a full BPM number in Cubase before I can use it to sync on the Octatrack..

And one more, I hope they work a little bit on the quality of the timestretch engine. I have had some tracks which sounded a little bit strange only after 3 BPMs difference. Doesn't occur on all tracks though.

Other than that it has been a fantastic journey, though...

Quite happy with the little fella...
Chain Chomp
PEACE
I would also like to be able to shift/rotate/move the values for every step in a pattern one step to the left or right, like it is possible in most sequencers.

8. Clearer indication of which page when editing in the sequencer, the
LEDs are hard to distinguish which is current page sometimes - what
about something on the LCD to show.

+100

Looking forward to have some of the things in future updates that are requested here!
Game & Watch
^ You mean like move the trigs from say 1,5,9,13 to 2,6,10,14 in one go? If so you can do that already using function and cursor key left or right while in grid record. Same for MD and MnM.
Chain Chomp
PEACE
darenager wrote:
^ You mean like move the trigs from say 1,5,9,13 to 2,6,10,14 in one go? If so you can do that already using function and cursor key left or right while in grid record. Same for MD and MnM.

Very sorry, I guess I missed that in the manual. That´s great!
Do we have a wiki already with tips and tricks that are not covered in the manual yet. That would be really nice to have.
Game & Watch
I'd quite like the option to have the LFOs reset at the start of the octatrack, so you could use them to create repeatable patterns without having to have the lfo in trig mode. You can get round it on the MD by using an LFO from another machine but that doesn't seem to be an option on the OCTA. I know you can create a repeatable lfo pattern using the plocks but sometimes it would be easier to just use an lfo.
Go to top Post Reply